Monday, February 28, 2011

McDonalds and Tornadoes

Sister Valentine experienced her first Tornado warning this week! She serves in tornado alley, but I didn't realize tornado season starts this early.  The warning struck on Thursday, February 24. Here's what she wrote about it:
"We went with our member friend Heidi to teach Elojio and Horacio and Jose.  In the middle of our lesson, I heard this wailing noise.  I looked at Sister Koford and she said, "Um, we need to go.  Those are tornado sirens."  We called President Hutchings and left him a message. Heidi took us to the Murray State University campus Library. On our way, I glanced out the window to see the McDonalds Drive thru line full as ever.  I guess when it comes to survival, McDonalds is a necessity.  We sat at a table until we were given the all clear.  Ugh the sirens are SO loud.  and I think they make the whole experience a lot worse.  They went off a couple more times.  I miss Utah storms... haha they're so much quieter!  It rains a lot here.  It's beautiful but it rains"


Joy promised to send me photos soon! Hooray.. This blog has been empty without photos!


Also according to Joy, I'm the best sister in the whole world.


She'd love to hear from you:
Sister Joy Elise Valentine
Tennessee Nashville Mission
105 Westpark Drive Suite 190
Brentwood, TN 37027



Love,
Kate Muir

No comments:

Post a Comment